Our refund policy explains when a refund may be requested and granted for
products and services (collectively "Services") offered from Stack Overlap.
This document refers to both account credits and credits to your original
payment method collectively as "Refunds" even if a refund action only results
in a credit to your Stack Overlap account.
Services that are prepaid and unused are generally refundable if the refund
request is received and processed before the service goes into effect. After a
service begins, partial refunds will permitted based on expections allowed by
our refund policy details. Refunds will not be given after a service period is
fully passed. Our policy is to issue account credits for cancelled services
and issue eligible refunds back to your original payment method upon request.
Updates to this refund policy may be made by Stack Overlap, and only the most
current version of the refund policy may be used at the time a refund request
- Fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are
non-refundable even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled,
or transferred, or a service accessible via the domain (e.g., hosting) is
cancelled prior to the end of your current registration term.
- No refunds will be issued for domain fees paid for any of the following:
- Premium Domain(s);
- After Market Domain Names, unless your After Market Domain Name registration
is rejected or cancelled by Stack Overlap, the registry, or the third party
- Additional fees paid for Pre-Orders, Sunrise or Landrush periods or
participation in an Early Access Program; or
- Fees paid for related Service(s) such as a Private Registration for the domain
- In the case of an unsuccessful attempt to transfer a domain name to Stack
Overlap, your transfer order will be canceled and fees paid for the transfer
will be credited to your account with Stack Overlap.
- Fees for hosting services for future service periods are refundable.
- A hosting service must be fully terminated to be eligible for a refund. For
example, a service paired with an expired domain or a suspended service are
still consuming service resources and therefore are not yet eligible for a
- Terminated hosting services prepaid for a term longer than the standard term,
e.g., paying for a monthly service 1 year in advance, will be adjusted to use
the standard term before calculating the eligible refund.
- The smallest refundable unit of hosting service is 1 month. Requests to
terminate services prepaid with 31 days or less remaining in the current
service period will be scheduled to expire (not renew) and a refund will not
- Fees for SSL certificates are not refundable once the certificate is issued,
even if the certificate is later revoked by customer request or is later
invalidated by other reason that leaves the certificate unusable.
- If a SSL certificate cannot be issued, you will receive an account credit.
All other services are non-refundable, including but not limited to:
- Domain fees for transfers or renewals;
- Private domain registrations;
- Services received at a discount;
- Services bundled in a package;
- Services found to be in violation of our Terms of Service;
- Custom development;
- Services not advertised on our website;
- Services negotiated through a 3rd party; or
- Extended support paid to Stack Overlap beyond your support allowance per
- Finance charges incurred on your account due to non-payment are
- Account fees incurred due to a violation of our Terms of Service are
If you think you are eligible for refund, please make your request in writing
by email, contact form, or letter sent by postal mail. You must include the
following information with your request:
- Which service you are requesting a refund for and why;
- Enough information to identify the transaction, such as your account number,
domain name, and description of the service;
- Any additional information Stack Overlap support requests to authenticate the
If you have questions about Stack Overlap's refund policy, send an email to
email@example.com, or contact us in writing via any of the ways
described at https://www.stackoverlap.com.